20 Apr 5 Things You Didn’t Know about Your Pelvic Floor
By: Chana Ross
If you’ve been with us for a while, you know we are passionate about womxn’s health – and more specifically, pelvic health. We know you are busy and you want us to distill our info down to the top 5 ‘little known facts’ about your pelvic floor muscles!!! You have asked and we have answered. Here they are: The Top 5 things you Didn’t know about your Pelvic Floor!!
- Everyone has a pelvic floor- People of all ages and genders can develop Pelvic Floor dysfunction. Everyone can benefit from Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy!!! Contrary to popular belief – pelvic dysfunction is not always due to pregnancy or childbirth.
- Kegels aren’t always the answer!!! Seriously. Kegel exercises for strengthening your pelvic floor muscles. But, this isnt the whole picture. Any muscles, in order to function optimally should be strong, flexiblactivation, position, tone, and strength of the pelvic floor muscles. Some women and men have pelvic floors that must first release, let go, lengthen and become more compliant. Kegels are not the answer in these cases. Kegels may in fact worsen symptoms. Stop with the kegels until you get checked our by a Pelvic Floor Physio!
- Pelvic Floor exercises are good for your sex life: Pelvic floor muscles are very important for sex, as they help increase the blood supply to your sexual organs, improve muscle tone and help maintain nerve activity, – which in turn can result in improved sexual sensation and satisfaction
- The Pelvic Floor can become weak, but it can also become overactive – both can lead to problems developing. Pelvic Physiotherapy can help you find that balance!
- Pelvic pain of any kind IS NOT NORMAL. Despite what you might think – there are many ways to manage symptoms and even treat your pelvic dysfunction! If you are experiencing pelvic pain, there is hope! You DON’T HAVE TO LIVE WITH THE PAIN!!!
Any questions? Send us an email or check us out on social media!